Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jan 26: Job 1-2

3 comments:

Lena T. said...

"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" (Job 2:10). Not an easy thing to do. I pray that I would do both.

Jenn Cook said...

I liked that comment, too, Lena! Also, I liked how after all the trouble and trails Job faced during the first test - "he fell to the ground in WORSHIP" (Job 1:20). He wasn't mad at God for his situation, he wasn't going around yelling, being depressed, withdrawing...no he fell down to worship God! What a strong man of God!

Staci said...

I was struck by the comment in the devotional about how the friends were of the most help when they were silent. I am ashamed to admit that I have lost to many good friends over the years, because I didn't know what to say, so I just avoided them. When really saying nothing but still being a friend may have been all that they needed.