Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jan 25: Psalms 107-112:10

4 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

I find it very interesting that Psalms 109 is David talking to God about someone who betrayed him. The words and language he uses surprises me - I have never considered talking to God with such emotion, which I'm realizing is not such a good thing! I'm realizing that when I'm praying and talking to God, he wants to hear our troubles, he wants to hear our emotions, he wants to hear our hearts! We don't need to sugar coat things when we are talking to God - he already know our deepest thoughts and deepest hurts!

Anita said...

thanks, Jen! unfortunately, I think the time I spend the most time in prayer is when i'm really upset about something and then I really vent! I hope He doesn't mind...

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn Cook said...

of course he doesn't mind! The fact you are coming to him, showing your emotions (remember some of the Psalms we've been reading) is exactly what God is wanting - a relationship. I just found it amazing that after all Job had gone through, he worshiped God. You know, it also just made me think about people and their different personalities and God made us all in his imagine - maybe some people deal with trials like David does in the Psalms where he is pouring out his heart in despair (see one of my previous posts)and then here is Job who falls down in worship after his trials...I don't think there is really a wrong way to come to God as long as it is with respect and reverence!