The book is so small but so significant that the Jews still celebrate the holiday of Purim. The Jewish nation was not as numerous as others but everybody knew about the power of their God, even Haman's wife stated: "Since Mordecai, before whom your downfall has started, is of Jewish origin, you cannot stand against him--you will surely come to ruin!" Sometimes we feel small and insignificant but if we continue worshipping the only powerful God and continue doing what He commanded people around us will know it. The book Esher is such a good example of the commitment to God and His people, I am encouraged by it!
talk about timing! Haman was ready to hang Mordecai for being a jew (something I never knew about) but because the king couldn't sleep, he had read to him the story about hos Mordecai saved the king from being assassinated! And how ironic that Haman was boasting how he was the only one to be invited to the banquet yet it was because Esther needed him there to point out his evil doings...and that Haman was hung on his own gallows built for Mordecai - I guess it shows, what comes around goes around...
Also interesting how all this good came to Mordecai (second in rank to the king) "because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews". What a good lesson for each of us!
This book just makes me laugh when I read all the different plot twists. Its almost like reading Hamlet or something. I wonder if the King was conscience of what a risk Esther was taking by coming to him?
3 comments:
The book is so small but so significant that the Jews still celebrate the holiday of Purim. The Jewish nation was not as numerous as others but everybody knew about the power of their God, even Haman's wife stated: "Since Mordecai, before whom your downfall has started, is of Jewish origin, you cannot stand against him--you will surely come to ruin!" Sometimes we feel small and insignificant but if we continue worshipping the only powerful God and continue doing what He commanded people around us will know it.
The book Esher is such a good example of the commitment to God and His people, I am encouraged by it!
talk about timing! Haman was ready to hang Mordecai for being a jew (something I never knew about) but because the king couldn't sleep, he had read to him the story about hos Mordecai saved the king from being assassinated! And how ironic that Haman was boasting how he was the only one to be invited to the banquet yet it was because Esther needed him there to point out his evil doings...and that Haman was hung on his own gallows built for Mordecai - I guess it shows, what comes around goes around...
Also interesting how all this good came to Mordecai (second in rank to the king) "because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews". What a good lesson for each of us!
This book just makes me laugh when I read all the different plot twists. Its almost like reading Hamlet or something.
I wonder if the King was conscience of what a risk Esther was taking by coming to him?
Post a Comment