Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jan 20: Esther 3-4:17

2 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

I liked in the devotional book the comment "Esther made the most of her situation". How many times do we let our "situations" bring us down, cause us stress, or flat out make us depressed?! I know I have felt all the above on certain situations I've felt - but what better way to be! Pick our heads up, pray to God for help - and make the best of our situations!

Also, in the reading, I found it interesting that Esther, her maids, and Mordecai fasted for 3 days prior to Esther approaching the king. I think this is important to take into consideration when we are faced with tough situations that before acting on them we take some time to really contemplate.

Lena T. said...

I was impressed by Mordecai's faith "If you remain silent at this time, relief and delivenrance for the Jews will arise from another place..." God finds different ways and if He chooses us to fulfill His plan we should follow, otherwise He will find other ways and we might perish. I agree, fasting is an important step before major decisions.