Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nov 9: 1 Chron 10-12:40

3 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

How powerful "So Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord. He failed to obey the Lord's command, and he even consulted a medium instead of asking the Lord for guidance." It makes me think about all the things I do each day (specifically disciplining my children since it has been a bigger issue these last couple of days) that I do not go to the Lord asking for his guidance!

Lena T. said...

This passage is such a good summary of what we read in 1 and 2nd Samuel. If you have not read 1 and 2 Samuel start with Chronicles. Not very many details though. I was thinking about David and Jesus being from the line of David again. Jesus did not come from a perfect family line and our families (and kids) are not perfect either but He can still use us in His perfect plan.

Lena T. said...

I also think that David is shown from his best side here in the Chronicles compared to readings from Samuel. I guess it does help not to skip readings sometimes, you get a fuller picture.