How nice to know there was a woman and a noble woman in David's (and consequently in Jesus') ancestry. She was so good and blessed that the whole book named after her made it to the canonical books of the OT, such a rare thing in that culture. Hey, girls, be nice to your mothers-in-law :)
Even in Bible times, word spreads around regarding your kindness (or lack of in some cases). Boaz replied to Ruth saying he knew about the love shown to her mother-in-law and her kindness. It is important that we uphold Christ in our lives since you never know who may notice his goodness and kindness in us!
I have a great little book called "The Bare Bones Bible Handbook" and it provides overview of each chapter of the Bible. It states that the book of Ruth covered a time period of 11-12 years. I think it is interesting (from this book) that Naomi returned to Bethlehem as a bitter women, thinking God is her enemy because of her loses. But God has plans she doesn't know about...how many times do I get bitter because I think things aren't going in the right direction - but in the end God does have a plan as long as we stay true to Him!
Also, this book mentions how Ruth's faithfulness to follow the God of Israel leads to great blessings not only for her, but for Naomi, for Boaz, and ultimately for the world as she takes her place in the family line of Jesus Christ!
Finally, I found it interesting in this book how is provided a great list of characters of a Godly Man - which was Boaz...these character traits will come in handy for when are girls start dating and the traits we need to instill in our sons! They are:
2 comments:
How nice to know there was a woman and a noble woman in David's (and consequently in Jesus') ancestry. She was so good and blessed that the whole book named after her made it to the canonical books of the OT, such a rare thing in that culture. Hey, girls, be nice to your mothers-in-law :)
Even in Bible times, word spreads around regarding your kindness (or lack of in some cases). Boaz replied to Ruth saying he knew about the love shown to her mother-in-law and her kindness. It is important that we uphold Christ in our lives since you never know who may notice his goodness and kindness in us!
I have a great little book called "The Bare Bones Bible Handbook" and it provides overview of each chapter of the Bible. It states that the book of Ruth covered a time period of 11-12 years. I think it is interesting (from this book) that Naomi returned to Bethlehem as a bitter women, thinking God is her enemy because of her loses. But God has plans she doesn't know about...how many times do I get bitter because I think things aren't going in the right direction - but in the end God does have a plan as long as we stay true to Him!
Also, this book mentions how Ruth's faithfulness to follow the God of Israel leads to great blessings not only for her, but for Naomi, for Boaz, and ultimately for the world as she takes her place in the family line of Jesus Christ!
Finally, I found it interesting in this book how is provided a great list of characters of a Godly Man - which was Boaz...these character traits will come in handy for when are girls start dating and the traits we need to instill in our sons! They are:
Diligent (Ruth 2:1)
Friendly (Ruth 2:4,8)
Merciful (Ruth 2:7)
Godly (Ruth 2:12)
Encouraging (Ruth 2:12; 3:11)
Generous (Ruth 2:15)
Kind (Ruth 2:20)
Discreet (Ruth 3:14)
Faithful (Ruth 4:1-9)
It's amazing that such a short book of the Bible has so much important lessons available in it!
Post a Comment