My favorite verse (which I'm writing on my post it) was "The Lord will fight for you; you need only need to be still". How many times do I find myself "fighting" my own fights when all I really need to do is BE STILL! Honestly, that takes a huge burden off my shoulders! I need to listen better to God's directions and know when I'm to be still and when I'm needing to do something else.
I had a couple of questions - don't know if anyone has an answer - how long did the 7 plagues last? I found it interesting that the Israelites were driven out of Egypt without warning that they had no food prepared...
Also, what's the difference between a foreigner who was not to eat of the Passover and an alien who could - if circumcised?
I didn't realize that it took a whole night for God to part the Red Sea and I like the "visual" on Moses & Miriam's song "By the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up". God blowing out his nose for the waters to be parted - it made me chuckle!
I can't believe how dumb the Israelites were for not believing God was in charge - HELLO they even had a fire and cloud guiding them, but they still complained!
Have a great Sabbath - I have some more reading to do!
When I was reading I found it interesting that God did not let them take a shortcut but wanted them to experience everything that comes with a long walk including the hardships. Sometimes in our lives we want to take a shortcut but God wants us to go on a long walk.
As I was reading I had the questions about an alien and a foreigner too. I think an alien would something like a permanent resident (not born Israelite but who became part of it by circumcision) and a foreigner is somebody who is not an Israelite at all and probably not circumcised either.
There were ten plagues but it would be really interesting to know how long they lasted since the Bible does not say.
Lena T.
P.S. My devotional is still packed in a storage unit. Can't wait to read it. Hopefully next week.
4 comments:
Wow - I really liked today's reading...
My favorite verse (which I'm writing on my post it) was "The Lord will fight for you; you need only need to be still". How many times do I find myself "fighting" my own fights when all I really need to do is BE STILL! Honestly, that takes a huge burden off my shoulders! I need to listen better to God's directions and know when I'm to be still and when I'm needing to do something else.
I had a couple of questions - don't know if anyone has an answer - how long did the 7 plagues last? I found it interesting that the Israelites were driven out of Egypt without warning that they had no food prepared...
Also, what's the difference between a foreigner who was not to eat of the Passover and an alien who could - if circumcised?
I didn't realize that it took a whole night for God to part the Red Sea and I like the "visual" on Moses & Miriam's song "By the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up". God blowing out his nose for the waters to be parted - it made me chuckle!
I can't believe how dumb the Israelites were for not believing God was in charge - HELLO they even had a fire and cloud guiding them, but they still complained!
Have a great Sabbath - I have some more reading to do!
When I was reading I found it interesting that God did not let them take a shortcut but wanted them to experience everything that comes with a long walk including the hardships. Sometimes in our lives we want to take a shortcut but God wants us to go on a long walk.
Jen,
As I was reading I had the questions about an alien and a foreigner too. I think an alien would something like a permanent resident (not born Israelite but who became part of it by circumcision) and a foreigner is somebody who is not an Israelite at all and probably not circumcised either.
There were ten plagues but it would be really interesting to know how long they lasted since the Bible does not say.
Lena T.
P.S. My devotional is still packed in a storage unit. Can't wait to read it. Hopefully next week.
Welcome Lena! Glad you are settling in and have kept up with the readings! Look forward to seeing you on the blog some more! Thanks for your insights!
Post a Comment