I liked Deut 16:19 - "...do not accept a bride, for a bride blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous. Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you".
I also liked what my study Bible had to say about verses 21-22, regarding not setting up the wooden Asherah poles...Bottom line was "the challenge God's people faced - then and now - was not to assimilate the values of the culture around them". How true that this is still a struggle...
1 comment:
I liked Deut 16:19 - "...do not accept a bride, for a bride blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous. Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you".
I also liked what my study Bible had to say about verses 21-22, regarding not setting up the wooden Asherah poles...Bottom line was "the challenge God's people faced - then and now - was not to assimilate the values of the culture around them". How true that this is still a struggle...
Post a Comment