I just got done reading this section and I know there is something that grabbed my attention. Of course I didn't write it down, so now I'm trying to remember what it was...
oh maybe it was what I already wrote about making sure to set ourselves apart from the culture of the world...
Oh, no, I remember what I was thinking about - so God created everything in the Beginning and not long after He destroyed everything with the flood...I'm not sure how long time passed from God creating and then destroying it with the flood - I was wondering why we have "lasted" so long...I mean, we are all humans made in God's image, it just seems that the Old Testament humans were a really mean and destructive bunch - what changed from their behaviors vs ours now? I don't know if I'm making sense - but then I was reading about all the rules on who needed to be stoned to death - which one of the reasons was to cleanse the areas of guilt (bad people). Perhaps by all the stoning to death these people, only better disposition people were left. Again, not sure if this is making sense and it was just a thought I was having...being that it's late - I think I'm better off going to bed now! :-)
1 comment:
I just got done reading this section and I know there is something that grabbed my attention. Of course I didn't write it down, so now I'm trying to remember what it was...
oh maybe it was what I already wrote about making sure to set ourselves apart from the culture of the world...
Oh, no, I remember what I was thinking about - so God created everything in the Beginning and not long after He destroyed everything with the flood...I'm not sure how long time passed from God creating and then destroying it with the flood - I was wondering why we have "lasted" so long...I mean, we are all humans made in God's image, it just seems that the Old Testament humans were a really mean and destructive bunch - what changed from their behaviors vs ours now? I don't know if I'm making sense - but then I was reading about all the rules on who needed to be stoned to death - which one of the reasons was to cleanse the areas of guilt (bad people). Perhaps by all the stoning to death these people, only better disposition people were left. Again, not sure if this is making sense and it was just a thought I was having...being that it's late - I think I'm better off going to bed now! :-)
Post a Comment