Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oct 28: Jos 5:13-8:35

2 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

Every time I hear this text "are you for us or for our enemies", I can't help to think of Larry the Cucumber in Veggie Tales saying this and then fallen flat on his face before the Angle of the Lord! :-)

Ah, I have to admit, I didn't realize the purpose of going around the city walls of Jericho and having them crash down was so the Israelites could then go inside the city to destroy it...From all my Veggie Tale experiences, I assumed when the walls crashed, that it also destroyed the city!

Lena T. said...

I did not have access to Internet for a week and a half because of moving into our new house but tried reading almost every other day (Hey, that's a lot). I thought about the desctruction of Jericho too. Sometimes we are ready to fight the battle but we just need to listen to God and there is no battle needed, the walls fall by themselves. We just finish up the work that has been already done. Trust is the key!