Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oct 27: Jos 1-5:12

2 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

"Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Jos 1:9) -- what a powerful verse! I'd like to add that God is not just with us wherever we go, but with us in whatever we do!

I found it interesting that the spies went and entered the house of a prostitute and stayed there. (Jos 2:1). My study Bible said that this was no doubt a good place to find out information and blend in with other travelers. I thought how important not judging other people on their actions/choices since you don't always know God's plan for that person.

Lena T. said...

Lots of grumbling again. From all the readings I pick up a lot of grumbling of the Israelite's side. They ask for something and the Lord gives it to them, they enjoy it for a while and then they complain (we should have stayed in Egypt, we are tired of manna, we are thirsty). Here again, "why did we cross the Jordan? we should have stayed on the other side." Kind of like me. I ask for something and then after being satisfied start grumbling and complaining again. Well, definitely lots to learn.