Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sept 15 : Gen 6-8

6 comments:

Sarah H. said...

God's patience is abundant - he gave people 120 years to change their ways before the flood. How much longer will he wait for me to get my act together?! Have a great day, all.

Jenn Cook said...

I liked the reminder in the devotional book that no matter how bad things get, no matter how deep we're dipping into sin, God provides a way out for those who seek Him!

I ended up getting a study Bible today to help with all my questions!!! There is so much I don't know/understand about the Bible!

I found it ironic how we are reading about the flood and there are so many areas currently flooded from all the rain! We had over 11 inches just here in Niles! Could you imagine being on the ark with all those animals?! 7 pairs of every clean animal and 2 pairs of every unclean - truly a floating zoo!

Nicole said...

well...I'm finally here :) for some reason it wouldn't let me sign up with my regular email account...but here I am finally...I blogged a little previously on myspace in case any of you are interested...read all about Noah yesterday, I'm interested to read the story in another version tho cause in "The Message" bible it seemed to leave a lot of details out that somehow I know about the story, like how long it took for him to build the ark and how long it took for God to send the flood etc...so...do you think the world is as bad now as it was in Noah's time...are we ready for another "do-over"? I hope so...

Jenn Cook said...

You know, Nicole, I struggled with your question about how bad things were around Noah's time vs now...my first reaction was that it had to be worse during Noah's time and that is why God sent the flood. But then I think about the news today and all the bad things that are happening around the world and wonder, is it really worse today? The only thing I can come to - is it must have been worse back in Noah's time and that is why God sent the flood. Things must not be as bad now - or at least, maybe we are better able to solve the bad things now vs back then - or else the second coming would have already happened. I believe that things will get worse on this Earth prior to the Second Coming. And I suppose they would get worse than what happened at Noah's time. I briefly tried to find some more opinions regarding this on the internet but didn't quickly come across anything.

Nicole said...

makes me wonder what percentage of the population Noah was at that time...do you think that percentage are still saved today? At least today there will be more than just one family in that "ark".

Jenn Cook said...

Ah, Nicole, I've affirmed my opinion that things were worse in Noah's time then now...I got this music CD's for Owen that sing through the Bible and there is also some story/commentary about what the Bible is about. We were listening to them today and the CD was talking about how Noah was the only righteous man! So, that makes me think that if out of the whole population - whatever the numbers were - there was only ONE person righteous in God - things had to be alot worse than there are today!