Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4: Matt 5:1- 7:23

2 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

Matt 5:22 "but I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment".

Matt 5:37 "Simply let your Yes be Yes and your No, No - anything beyond this comes from the evil one" -- just think about how much trouble we'd stay out of if we were to practice just saying yes or no.

Matt 6:8 I love this verse -- God knows what we need even before we ask him. It is so comforting to me to know that someone knows me so intimately that even before I ask - he already knows. And even more importantly - he knows what I need even if I'm asking for the wrong things...

Matt 6:16 -- so powerful...we must forgive others if we want to be forgiven for our sins...

Matt 7:21 -- Are you doing the Lord's will or are you doing your will?

Jenn Cook said...

oops, that should have read Matt 6:15, not 6:16