Monday, May 18, 2009

May 19: Mark 4:21-22; 12:1-11; 13:33-37

1 comment:

Jenn Cook said...

Mark 4:22 made me think of the saying - your sins will find you out.

Here are some thoughts I had from the devotional readings - I am finally caught up with all my WOW reading! Now, hopefully I can prevent getting behind again!

pg 255. The foundation (our hearts) is what is important in our lives...I liked how this point drove it home "They know all the right practices, they know all the right words, but little of it makes it to their hearts or forms any sort of foundation for our lives". I pray that our foundations grow stronger and stronger everyday.

pg 253. Liked how Jesus told parables so they could easily be understood by those who were seeking the truth but if you didn't dig deep enough you would doubt or even misunderstand what Jesus was trying to say.

pg. 252 Take comfort from Jesus' offer of rest and relief -- this really spoke to me this morning! I have been feeling 'overworked, harassed, overscheduled, under-appreciated, tense, stressed, worn out..."

pg. 248 "The only thing that will ever fully satisfy the yearning of the human heart is Jesus."

pg. 246 "All the worry in the world won't change a thing. But trusting God can change the world!"

pg. 245 "At the root of worry is LACK OF FAITH in God's ability to provide."

pg. 243 "Following the letter of the law wasn't good enough. The HEART had to become involved in the process." Is your heart changing?!

pg. 242 "Jesus didn't change anything about the Old Testament. He simply fulfilled it."