I like how we have read through the Old Testament first and now when I read things like "the prophecy of Isaiah" in the New Testament I remember reading it before in the Old.
wow - read the parable of the sower - Matt 13:18-23. "worries of this life, makes it unfruitful...when trouble or persecution comes, he quickly falls away..." I pray that we all are sowers of good soil!
I liked what my study Bible said about why Jesus choose to tell parables about seeds "they grow quietly (did you notice that word? quietly) but persistently.
Matt 25:13 - "therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."
It is a comforting feeling knowing that our inheritance, the kingdom has been prepared for us since the creation of the world! (Matt 25:34)
1 comment:
I like how we have read through the Old Testament first and now when I read things like "the prophecy of Isaiah" in the New Testament I remember reading it before in the Old.
wow - read the parable of the sower - Matt 13:18-23. "worries of this life, makes it unfruitful...when trouble or persecution comes, he quickly falls away..." I pray that we all are sowers of good soil!
I liked what my study Bible said about why Jesus choose to tell parables about seeds "they grow quietly (did you notice that word? quietly) but persistently.
Matt 25:13 - "therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."
It is a comforting feeling knowing that our inheritance, the kingdom has been prepared for us since the creation of the world! (Matt 25:34)
Post a Comment