Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jan 19: Esther 1-2:23

4 comments:

Staci said...

I love reading the story of Esther. It is amazing how God can be working o nthe solution to a problem, long before anyone else even knows about it. I liked how the devotional book brought out at that the plot against the jews had been in the works for a while, an dGod was setting Esther up to be in the right place at the right time.
So it is an interesting take on the question "why me, Lord?" Because really we have all been put to face our own little battles "for such a time as this." But how often do we have the faith to say "If I perish, I perish."

Lena T. said...

You are right, God chooses the people according to His will and purpose. "You may not be a queen who steps in to save her people, but you are the exact mother God chose for your children, you are the exact woman for the job in your workplace or church, you are the one God wants to use" (Devotional book). Very powerful!

Jenn Cook said...

I found it interesting in my study Bible is mentioned that according to Jewish historians, the reason why Queen Vashti refused the king's summon was because he requested her to come only wearing her crown and the prospect of being ogled by a drunken crowd could explain her reluctance.

I have to say, a beauty treatment sounds quite nice, right about now! :-)

Lena T. said...

Beauty treatment for 12 months, no more no less :)