Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dec 30: 2 Kings 18-21

5 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

wow, after reading today's devotion it made me think about my birthright - eternal life in Heaven...how sad that the Israelites could not see that they already owned the most precious possession, the Promise Land! They forfeited this gift by doing what they wanted to do verse what God teaches us to do...I pray that I would never forfeit my most precious gift! I can't wait to "open" it!

Jenn Cook said...

I wasn't able to finishing reading since the kids woke up from their naps...have to say that we have an AMAZING God! When Hezekiah asked for a sign on whether he would live or not, Isaiah asked if it would be easier for the shadow to go forward 10 steps or backwards. Hezekiah answered forward...and God made the show go backwards 10 steps - because our God can doing ANYTHING!!!

Jenn Cook said...

sorry, I should stop posting until I'm completely finished reading...did you catch that Hezekiah provide "plumbing" to the city - "he made the pool and the tunnel by which he brought water into the city"...pretty cool!

Lena T. said...

It is a pretty impressive passage! Hezekiah's prayer for healing was answered! After reading I opened the devotional and it challenged me: "What is your most outrageous prayer request? What do you want or need God to do in your life that would take a miracle to fulfill? Spend your time in prayer today asking and believing God for its realization."

Lena T. said...

(cont'd from the previous comment)Do I have enough faith to believe in miracles? Many times I do not. Wow, a long way to grow!