I love the devotional book. (This is one of my New Year's resolutions, I am going to read this book :)) "When you are faces with sin, what is your response? Do you think you are being accused unfairly? Do you go your own way? Do you ingnore the condemnation? Or do you respond as Josiah did--with tears of humility and repentance?" What a lesson for us!
I totally agree with you Lena! I am really enjoying the devotional book, too! And what a powerful devotion today...I liked the reminder not to pass our sins off as something we will do later - I know we all have busy lives, but when we have sinned and know it, we must confess our sins right away!
okay, I finally had a chance to do some catching up...one thing I really liked that my study Bible had to say was that God is always willing to forgive. But he is not willing to forgive those who refuse to repent. I think that is important to note, especially as we are reading through the Bible and thinking that some of the things God is doing seems so harsh...also stresses the importance of repenting our sins so we can be forgiven!
3 comments:
I love the devotional book. (This is one of my New Year's resolutions, I am going to read this book :)) "When you are faces with sin, what is your response? Do you think you are being accused unfairly? Do you go your own way? Do you ingnore the condemnation? Or do you respond as Josiah did--with tears of humility and repentance?" What a lesson for us!
I totally agree with you Lena! I am really enjoying the devotional book, too! And what a powerful devotion today...I liked the reminder not to pass our sins off as something we will do later - I know we all have busy lives, but when we have sinned and know it, we must confess our sins right away!
okay, I finally had a chance to do some catching up...one thing I really liked that my study Bible had to say was that God is always willing to forgive. But he is not willing to forgive those who refuse to repent. I think that is important to note, especially as we are reading through the Bible and thinking that some of the things God is doing seems so harsh...also stresses the importance of repenting our sins so we can be forgiven!
Post a Comment