I have to say I am very lost in what is going on in this story! I've been reading it throughout the day and I think that is mainly the problem of not following what is happening here! I have the jest of Absalom trying to take his father's role of King...I keep struggling on understanding the point of this story being in the Bible. My understanding is the Bible is Holy Spirit inspired and is meant to bring us closer to God and understand our need for Him for salvation. But as I read this section, I was just lost on what this had to do with any of that and why would the Holy Spirit inspire this? For what purpose? The one thing I took away was in 2 Sam 15:26 where is said "do to me whatever seems good to Him". I need to have a more accepting heart for God's desire for me...
I also found it interesting that even with all the struggles between father and son (David and Absalom) when Absalom died, David grieved deeply for him. Reminds me of how God must feel when we turn from Him - no matter what we do, He still grieves for us to come back to Him! (so maybe that was the point of the story being in the Bible!) :-)
Jesus is gooing to come from the line of David. Afer reading all of this it is difficult to believe. But Jesus did not come to the perfect earth and He did not have perfect ancestry. David and his family were far from being perfect but God still used them in His purposes.
3 comments:
I have to say I am very lost in what is going on in this story! I've been reading it throughout the day and I think that is mainly the problem of not following what is happening here! I have the jest of Absalom trying to take his father's role of King...I keep struggling on understanding the point of this story being in the Bible. My understanding is the Bible is Holy Spirit inspired and is meant to bring us closer to God and understand our need for Him for salvation. But as I read this section, I was just lost on what this had to do with any of that and why would the Holy Spirit inspire this? For what purpose? The one thing I took away was in 2 Sam 15:26 where is said "do to me whatever seems good to Him". I need to have a more accepting heart for God's desire for me...
I also found it interesting that even with all the struggles between father and son (David and Absalom) when Absalom died, David grieved deeply for him. Reminds me of how God must feel when we turn from Him - no matter what we do, He still grieves for us to come back to Him! (so maybe that was the point of the story being in the Bible!) :-)
I think, too, that as a record of what happened in the past the Bible often shows us the tragic results of putting self first in our lives....
Jesus is gooing to come from the line of David. Afer reading all of this it is difficult to believe. But Jesus did not come to the perfect earth and He did not have perfect ancestry. David and his family were far from being perfect but God still used them in His purposes.
Post a Comment