Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nov 3: Jud 4-8:35

We already read Judges 3 last week...start at Chapter 4.

2 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

agh - I just lost all what I typed...I tend to type as I read and I was almost finished reading...

To summarize I liked what the devotional book had to say today about good times vs bad times and the correlation to our relationship with God. Also, I was wondering how many times in the Bible does it say "and the Isrealites did evil in the Lords eyes".

Also, the putting out fleece to test God's will demonstrates a lack of faith and for us today we have the Bible and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Finally, again God tells someone to do something and again that person, in this case Gideon, questions God on how he is suppose to accomplish God's task. What a wonderful reminder that when God tells us to do something, we just need to trust Him since He will provide everything that we need!

Okay, I think that is what I had written down in a much more condensed version!

Lena T. said...

I am on the same page with you, Jen, "how many times did they do evil?" But look, "how many times did God forgive them?" And now, for us,"how many times do we do evil" and He still forgives. The cultures are different but God is still the same. What would we do without His forgivness? How wonderful!

Hope you will have a nice meeting on Wednesday. I will miss being there!