"First seek the counsel of the Lord" (2 Chron 18:4) - good words to live by in all we do...
I found it interesting how the king did not like, actually hated, Micaiah because he never prophesied anything good about him...do we tend to be like that when we hear something either from God or from a dear friend/husband that we don't like. Do we turn away from those people? I know I have a hard time hearing things I don't like - but I guess like the saying goes - "the truth can hurt".
Also, like the story of Ahab - how many times do we go to God with our minds already made up asking God for guidance? I guess it's full circle to what I first wrote - FIRST seek the counsel of the Lord - not after you have already sought your own counsel...
1 comment:
"First seek the counsel of the Lord" (2 Chron 18:4) - good words to live by in all we do...
I found it interesting how the king did not like, actually hated, Micaiah because he never prophesied anything good about him...do we tend to be like that when we hear something either from God or from a dear friend/husband that we don't like. Do we turn away from those people? I know I have a hard time hearing things I don't like - but I guess like the saying goes - "the truth can hurt".
Also, like the story of Ahab - how many times do we go to God with our minds already made up asking God for guidance? I guess it's full circle to what I first wrote - FIRST seek the counsel of the Lord - not after you have already sought your own counsel...
Post a Comment