Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nov 21: 2 Chron 14:2-16:14

1 comment:

Jenn Cook said...

I found it interesting in today's reading what my study Bible had to say about Asa turning away from God. This is what it said "Why, if Asa's heart was fully committed to the Lord all his life, did he seem to reject God at the end? Asa began as a good king whose life was mostly characterized by his trust in God. Sadly, the last events of Asa's life were less impressive. Rejecting God's word given through Hanani, he became an oppressive ruler who refused to seek God's help in times of national and personal cries. Perhaps, Asa, like many others who have enjoyed God's blessings, allowed his faith to be gradually eroded by complacency . Though he could be called fully committed for his average lifetime, at the end he may have taken God for granted." I think that is powerful to remember not to become like Asa - I feel that I tend to take God for granted and when things are going good, my relationship with Him isn't as strong as it should be, or if my life is super busy I don't "have time" for devotions with Him. I truly think it is important to make God #1 in my life so I can always be fully committed to Him.