Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oct 21: Num 10:11-14:45

3 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

How many times do I view situations through my own eyes rather than from God's perspective?! I liked the reminder that we need to view God in all circumstances - we need to strengthen our God Factor!

It's true that if we look at our problems, situations, etc through our own eyes that they will always look like GIANTS! But if we truly consider God's perspective, how those giants turn to much more manageable situations! God, please help me learn to view your perspective in all I do and encounter.

I liked in my study Bible how is commented on why the Israelites were so unhappy all the time by saying it was because they were impatient and shortsighted; they focused on the hardships of the day rather than on God's promise of a rich land ahead...I know there are times I need to focus more on the "rich land ahead" and not my current hardships of the day...

Also, I found it interesting that manna in Numbers was described as tastes like something made with olive oil when I thought before we read that manna tasted sweet, like honey.

Even though Moses came to God complaining about all the "babies" he was having to take care of, God still helped solve his problem by having 70 other elders help Moses out. What a loving, patient God we have!

Anna just woke up, so I need to go...I'll still have two more chapters to go! Hope you all have a great day and that you are being blessed by your Bible readings!

Staci said...

Calgon take me away... do you remember that commercial? I can totally hear moses saying that when the people start complaining.

Jenn Cook said...

how funny Staci! Mark uses that line all the time when I've just reached my limit!