One of my all time favorite sayings is "everything happens for a reason". I always expand on this saying when telling people about it, saying sometimes we just don't know what the reason is - but I truly believe, everything DOES happen for a reason...It made me think of what Joseph said to his brothers "It was not you who sent me here, but God." God had a reason for why Joseph was sold into slavery, why he was put into jail for being accused of being with Potiphar's wife, why he was at the right place at the right time to interpret the dreams of the cupbearer and the baker...I'm sure at the time Joseph was thinking, what the heck is going on here and perhaps upset at some of the situations he was finding himself in...HOWEVER, looking back on his life, he can see how God was guiding him and how the things that were happening to him were for a reason, a very good reason!!! Sometimes I have to stop and look over the things that have happened in my life to see the hand of God leading me...and sometimes it is just silly things that I know HE is with me!!! Like how we found our house, how after settling in Niles did we find out Mark was accepted to Notre Dame, how I ended back in South Bend after graduating from collage to do my MBA and Mark and I started to (finally) date, how things just seem to always work out for me...and yes, there are times when things happen and I have no idea why, and sometimes those things that happen aren't happy things - but what encourages me is that I know that they are happening for a reason...
1 comment:
One of my all time favorite sayings is "everything happens for a reason". I always expand on this saying when telling people about it, saying sometimes we just don't know what the reason is - but I truly believe, everything DOES happen for a reason...It made me think of what Joseph said to his brothers "It was not you who sent me here, but God." God had a reason for why Joseph was sold into slavery, why he was put into jail for being accused of being with Potiphar's wife, why he was at the right place at the right time to interpret the dreams of the cupbearer and the baker...I'm sure at the time Joseph was thinking, what the heck is going on here and perhaps upset at some of the situations he was finding himself in...HOWEVER, looking back on his life, he can see how God was guiding him and how the things that were happening to him were for a reason, a very good reason!!! Sometimes I have to stop and look over the things that have happened in my life to see the hand of God leading me...and sometimes it is just silly things that I know HE is with me!!! Like how we found our house, how after settling in Niles did we find out Mark was accepted to Notre Dame, how I ended back in South Bend after graduating from collage to do my MBA and Mark and I started to (finally) date, how things just seem to always work out for me...and yes, there are times when things happen and I have no idea why, and sometimes those things that happen aren't happy things - but what encourages me is that I know that they are happening for a reason...
Post a Comment