Sunday, April 5, 2009

Apr 7: Haggai

2 comments:

Lena T. said...

I noticed that at the end of the OT the prophets talk about the end time and the end of the NT is also about the end time. The Bible is such a complete unit where the OT projects to the NT, it is amazing.
I also noticed in Haggai how the obedience brings blessings and disobedience curses. I am like Israelites sometimes trying to do something on my own and the result is no fruit and lost effort. Helpful reading for me!

Jenn Cook said...

Haggai 1:5 "Give careful thought to your ways..."

From my "Bare Bones Bible Handbook" - life lessons from Haggai:
* God rewards those who put Him first and seek to do His will.\
* You cannot dwell on the glory of the past. Reality is in the present.
* Review your priorities often. Are they in line with God's?
* Your service to God is vitally important.