Sunday, April 19, 2009

Apr 23: Jeremiah 25-29

2 comments:

Anita said...

two things--i am so "hit 'n miss" in my reading that i was so excited to see Jer. 29 in today's assignment! Jer. 29:11-12 is one of our favorite passages. It was good to read it in the context of God speaking to Judah about their captivity. Which leads to my other thoughts...I was a bit puzzled about Nebuchadnezzer. First God called him "my servant" and then later, when he was talking about after the 70 yrs captivity, he would destroy him completely because of his guilt (very loose paraphrase. I read this several hours ago.) It seems like such a flip, and I'm not used to God acting that way.

Jenn Cook said...

I like Jer 29:11-12 as well, Anita. It gives me such peace knowing that God already knows all! Also in verse 12 - the importance of not relying on ourselves - but to "call onto the Lord, come and pray to Him".