Sunday, April 19, 2009

Apr 21: Jeremiah 11-15

2 comments:

Lena T. said...

I like it how the reading schedule is structured, New Testament and Old Testament together. It makes it a complete picture. Egypt was a reminder of slavery for Jeremiah and Joseph took Jesus to Egypt for a time. It seems symbolic here. You need to be in some sort of physical and for that matter spriritual desolation in order to come back to prospesity and fulfilment. Just like Jon Paulien said in one of his book (I do not remember its title), "It gets worse before it gets better."

Jenn Cook said...

vs. 12:2 -- "you are always on their lips but far from their hearts" -- God wants to be in our hearts not just on our lips...

Also liked the promise of 15:19 "if you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me".

I also liked what the devotional book said about God being in the "business of using the not-so-noble as well as the noble, he infamous as well as the famous, the sinner as well as the righteous...God isn't looking for perfect people, he is looking for willing people"!

This really hit me since I struggle with leading the WOW group - I don't know the Bible that well and I know I have so much more to still learn that I do feel inadequate to be leading such a group. I do feel though, God has been leading and guiding WOW and I am very thankful for that.