I stopped and re-read this text a couple of times - Psalms 73:9 "Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth". I made me think about how some people talk about going to heaven but they can't let go of the earth...I pray that I don't let my earthly possessions get in the of my heavenly salvation!
I also am amazed about the text Psalms 78:32 "In spite of all of this, they kept on sinning; in spite of his wonders they did not believe". I wonder how I would have been back in Bible times seeing all the wonderful things God was doing and his presence - I just can't imagine not believing and obeying God...but I guess that shows truly how powerful sin really is!
1 comment:
I stopped and re-read this text a couple of times - Psalms 73:9 "Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth". I made me think about how some people talk about going to heaven but they can't let go of the earth...I pray that I don't let my earthly possessions get in the of my heavenly salvation!
I also am amazed about the text Psalms 78:32 "In spite of all of this, they kept on sinning; in spite of his wonders they did not believe". I wonder how I would have been back in Bible times seeing all the wonderful things God was doing and his presence - I just can't imagine not believing and obeying God...but I guess that shows truly how powerful sin really is!
Post a Comment