Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jan 6: 2 Kings 1-8

1 comment:

Jenn Cook said...

lots and lots of stories here...I found it encouraging how Elisha, when being made fun of because of his bald head, he immediately called onto the Lord! He didn't try to take matters in his own hands!

Also, the story about the collecting all the vases and how the widow and her sons were able to continually fill the vases with oil to sell to raise money...my study notes commented how God turned small blessings into bountiful provisions - which made me think about our WOW discussion last night about the power of prayer and God giving us more than we could ever ask for!!!

Finally, I just had to comment on the eating of the babies - uh, yuck!!!! I don't know if I just missed something, but I was curious what happened to the lady who took off without offering up her son like she had told the other lady she would...