Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jan 11: Psalms 85; 87-88

3 comments:

Jenn Cook said...

I liked what my study notes said about Psalms 88:5 "This psalm is in the Bible to show us that God can handle our words of despair as well as our words of praise. He doesn't expect us to wear rose colored glasses and go through life pretending it isn't difficult of painful". Also it had this to say about verses 10-12 "Genuine faith forces us to wrestle with God in prayer, especially during difficult times" and this about verse 14 "If we feel God has rejected us, it is important to tell him how we feel". These verses and study note comments helped me more see the personal side of God! He desperately wants to be our friend and to be there for us through thick and thing!

Lena T. said...

Making comments about the reading helps me stop and think of the passage and helps me remember it better later on. Good for you, Jen, for keeping it up. I wish there were more people writing.

Jenn Cook said...

I wish more people were writing too (hint, hint). I know people are super busy. The main reason I write is it really helps motivate me to keep reading. It is an incentive for me to keep reading and I'm hoping to capture all my blog entries later on so I can review my journey through the Bible!