I liked in the devotional book the comment that "God's presence filled David, giving him the patience and confidence to wait and to follow only when and where God led". I think that would solve a lot of people's concerns, including mine, if we were to have God's presence filled in us - all the time - so we would have patience and confidence to handle daily life! As I read through the Bible, I feel like I am a child learning what I need to be doing to follow God - I can relate to how Owen and Anna must feel in learning obedience, respect, etc...
Anyway, as for the Bible reading,I liked the reminder that "God does not look at the things man looks at". I think this is important for me to remember as I'm reading through the Old Testament questioning some of the things I am reading - God knows the heart of ALL men (and women)!
Also, I didn't realize that David was already anointed prior to concurring Goliath. I just assumed David was some unknown brave little boy coming forward to slay Goliath - again too many Veggie Tales! :-) And I have to say, over 9 feet tall doesn't seem as tall as I thought he was...well, I guess that is not quite twice my height - so that is pretty tall.
Yes, God knows the hearts. As I was reading a different story came to my mind, the story of Joseph. Jesse did not bring David to Samuel because he was just a little boy, the youngest one. But God chose him. Joseph was the youngest one also but God chose him too. Do not underestimate your youngest ones, they might be first chosen by God some day.
2 comments:
I liked in the devotional book the comment that "God's presence filled David, giving him the patience and confidence to wait and to follow only when and where God led". I think that would solve a lot of people's concerns, including mine, if we were to have God's presence filled in us - all the time - so we would have patience and confidence to handle daily life! As I read through the Bible, I feel like I am a child learning what I need to be doing to follow God - I can relate to how Owen and Anna must feel in learning obedience, respect, etc...
Anyway, as for the Bible reading,I liked the reminder that "God does not look at the things man looks at". I think this is important for me to remember as I'm reading through the Old Testament questioning some of the things I am reading - God knows the heart of ALL men (and women)!
Also, I didn't realize that David was already anointed prior to concurring Goliath. I just assumed David was some unknown brave little boy coming forward to slay Goliath - again too many Veggie Tales! :-) And I have to say, over 9 feet tall doesn't seem as tall as I thought he was...well, I guess that is not quite twice my height - so that is pretty tall.
Yes, God knows the hearts. As I was reading a different story came to my mind, the story of Joseph. Jesse did not bring David to Samuel because he was just a little boy, the youngest one. But God chose him. Joseph was the youngest one also but God chose him too. Do not underestimate your youngest ones, they might be first chosen by God some day.
Post a Comment