Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nov 14: 1 Chron 28-29:30

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading everyone's comments from this week. I've had such a busy week that I haven't had a chance to get on the website until just now. Busyness is definitely the attack method I have felt this week. Now that Sabbath is here it's hard to mentally shut down the stress of the week and give myself permission to not worry about things for the next 24 hours. I'm thinking that a nice hot soak in the tub and going to bed early will help! Happy Sabbath everyone!

Jenn Cook said...

I found it interesting that King David spent years imagining what the temple was going to look like and had all the plans for it, but yet his son was the one to do the work of building the temple - seems like a correlation to God and Jesus.

Also, I loved the text 1 Chron 29:9..."for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the Lord". It made me thing about the times I have impressed to give money and have held back for some reason or another, but these people building the temple just kept giving and giving. It also made me think about how I use my time during the day and how I'm so "cheap" with what I give to God each day - I need to practice more of giving Him wholeheartedly my time each day!